Pattern: McCalls 3566
Well I thought this post would be about my issues with putting bra cups into a bathing suit for the first time, but that was actually one of the easiest parts of this pattern. Since my first attempt at a bathing suit was so successful, I thought I would try a different style from this pattern. I thought the triangle top would be a good one to try, but I felt it would need some cups…for shape.
Unfortunately, this pattern did not provide an easy adjustment to add these. There was an option to add foam, but that is not something I have seen or could find online. The directions called for sewing each piece of lining to each of the separate front pieces. This was not an option since I needed to sew the cups between the material and the lining. Sewing the two lining pieces together was a bit difficult, but I got it to work. And with a few stitches, I secured the cups in the right spot under the lining, and being careful not to let the stitches show on the front side. I could use that front seam to my advantage – no stitches showed and the cups were securely in place.
Now the real hard part of this suit was the straps and that darn drawstring. I spent hours flipping those inside out. My fingertips were completely red Continue reading “One Suit, Two Cups”